Sunday, October 7, 2012

Music Break

It's been over a month since I've posted a music break, which means that one is overdue.  To start off, a video I saw during my recent trip to Italy, Sempre Noi by Max Pezzali featuring J-Ax.

Here's one I listened to a few times back in the early seventies, Bongo Rock by The Incredible Bongo Band, who played it in a tempo slower than in the original version by Preston Epps.

In the early eighties, I ran across this one by an early lineup of Whitesnake, Would I Lie To You?...

...which should not be confused with Would I Lie To You? by the Eurythmics.

To finish, the Jimi Hendrix Experience version of the Beatles' Day Tripper.  Bassist Noel Redding and drummer Mitch Mitchell handle most of the vocals, with Jimi providing his usual guitar fireworks.  Before starting the song, they play a few bars of I Want To Tell You, written by George Harrison, which was later covered by Ted Nugent.

No comments:

Post a Comment