Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Arches National Park - Part 1

After visiting some small attractions in eastern Utah, I continued northward to a much bigger one, Arches National Park.  The main entrance is just north of the city of Moab, and just north of the Colorado River.  While the park is known for its namesake rock formations, it also includes many other features.  The first place where I stopped is this large rock, known as The Organ.

Continuing northward within the park, I saw these formations, which included the famous Balanced Rock.

Here's a closer shot of Balanced Rock, showing the idiots people climbing it.

After turning on to a side road, I hiked the short distance to the North Window.

A bit further down the trail, I could see both the North and South Windows.

Near the Windows are these formations, known as the Parade Of Elephants.


No comments:

Post a Comment