Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Polar Vortex, Round 2

Here's what the second blast from the Polar Vortex looks like in my area, after about 4 inches of snow have fallen.  This is a partially-cleared street not far from where I live, with a small neighborhood lake to the left.  I'm not sure what the strange-looking tower to the left of the nearest light post is for.

As indicated by the footprints, this is a pathway into the woods.  The snow-covered horizontal structure in the background is a railroad.  Cross on foot at your own risk.


2 comments:

  1. Stay warm my furry friend. Here in Chicagoland we are getting another 4-6" of snow and bitterly cold weather on the way. You should get it in a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, if you want to know what you're in for, just look to the west. Of course, I will admit that in MD, we don't have it as bad as Chicago, Cleveland, Buffalo, Rochester, etc.

      Delete