Thursday, November 13, 2014

Petrified Forest, Part 2

After my hike in the Giant Logs and Long Logs areas of Petrified Forest National Park, I continued northward to the Crystal Forest, which likewise includes a trail.  This picture shows a fairly large log, with some visitors walking on the trail in the background.

A bunch of other logs is in the Crystal Forest.

I took this shot from the end of a very long log.

Some of these logs appear to have been thinly sliced.

I thought this one had the most interesting colors.

As I was about to leave the Crystal Forest parking lot, this raven was hanging around.

I proceeded over to an area called the Jasper Forest, which did not include any trails.  Instead, this forest is seen from an overlook.  These rocks are pretty close to the overlook.

Here's the view looking farther away.

Once again, a raven was keeping watch.  Edgar Allan Poe would be proud.


No comments:

Post a Comment