Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Black Olives Matter

Disclaimer:  Although I did indeed travel to New Mexico recently, I had nothing to do with the following story, although I kind of wish that I did.

An attempt to promote a common vegetable became a humorous swipe the at Black Lives Matter movement.  And as you might expect, some people can't take a joke.  Last month, an Italian restaurant in Albuquerque, New Mexico named Paisano's generated both controversy and increased sales by including the pun "black olives matter" in their sign.  This was reported by Russia Today.  More recently, Paisano's has started to sell hats and T-shirts.  Read more about this at the Daily Mail, the Daily News and KOAT.

For those who object to this restaurant's actions, I will point that no one is above being the subject of satire.  But I can still see one legitimate complaint against Paisano's.  Because of their nutritional value, all vegetables should matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment